Makumu's Recipe book!
Makumu Flat Egg
One of the many to-do’s at Makumu Private Game Lodge is to have the Makumu Flat Egg for breakfast.
- 1x egg
- 3 x strips of crispy bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley
- Grease up your pan with oil/butter or use a non-stick pan.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and scramble with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the warm pan and leave the egg to cook.
- Once the egg is cooked remove with an egg lifter into your serving plate.
- Cut up the crispy bacon and add it on top of your flat egg.
- Use fresh parsley as garnish.
Three Cheese Parcel with Cranberry sauce
- 16 x 20cmx20cm phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 x 250g mozzarella
- 1 x camembert
- 1 x brie
- 200g dried cranberries
- 100ml orange juice
- 2 tbs sugar
- Egg wash (1 egg scrambled)
- Spray n cook or non-stick spray
- Preheat your oven to 180ᵒC
- Grease up your muffin pan with your non-stick spray.
- You will need 4 x phyllo pastry sheets for one cheese parcel. Brush each sheet of phyllo pastry with the egg wash.
- Line each muffin pan with phyllo pastry so that it forms flower like cups.
- Split your cheeses into 4 and divide them equally among your phyllo pastry flower cups.
- Close your flower cups once cheese is added.
- Bake at 180ᵒC for 15 min.
- Remove from oven and top with your cranberry sauce. Serve hot.
- Prepare a pan.
- Add the dried cranberries/sugar and orange juice to a pan and heat up until it has a sticky texture.